Setting up a Team
A few notes before setting up your Team.
- A Team Commission plan will be created where all members of the team will jointly contribute to configured plan. Creating Team Commission Plans
- The plan can be assigned to all members of the team via Commissions tab of each Agent’s Profile.
- Team members don’t need not be assigned the same plan, but the plan assigned must be a team plan.
- The plan will calculate the commission using the Team Leaders’ anniversary timeline
- This plan can be overwritten and/or excluded from the team commission history on a per transaction basis.
Navigate to Setup / Teams and select New icon
Enter Team Name, Team Number (if applicable), select Team Type and Branch Office. The Team Leader will populate once you build the team. Enter Franchise Team ID (if applicable), Effective Date (for use with applicable Franchises). The Deactive date will be used when the team no longer exists.
To build the team select Edit, followed by Add New Member icon.
Select the search icon and build the team, starting with the team leader and continue to Add New Members until the team is configured, then Save.
Once the team is configured, navigate to each team members agent profile and select Edit.
On the Teams tab, select the search icon and attach the team.
- You also have the ability to generate one check/cheque in QuickBooks® for all affected team members and year-end reporting such as T4A’s or 1099’s, if configured. If you opt to “Use Team Leader’s Name on Commission Check/Cheques” you MUST ensure that you click on “Update Agent to Accounting System” to ensure that all commission checks/cheques generate to with the Team Leader’s name.
- If this newly created Team has any pending transactions that should be counted toward team production, Navigate to the Accounting menu to Recalculate Open Transactions.