Constellation1 Commisisons supports data bridge batch reporting for all Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Affiliates. This article highlights the initial configuration instructions which are covered during implementation.
Nagivate to Setup > Company Profile > Integration
- Enter “BHHS” for Franchise Code
- Ensure the Enable Franchise Integration checkbox is selected
- If MLS/Transaction Fee should be exempt from Franchise Fees, select the Exempt MLS/Transaction Fee checkbox
- If Referral fee(s) should be exempt from Franchise Fees, select the Exempt Referral Fee checkbox
Navigate to Setup > Branch Offices
- Enter the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices office number for this branch (these numbers are assigned by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices) in the Franchise Number field.
- All offices within a brokerage must have the same first 5 characters (refers to Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Affiliate ID).
- Within the Back Office system, multiple branch offices will share the same Franchise number. Note that even if only one location, a Franchise number is required.
Agents & Branches
- Each Agent must have an associated Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Agent ID entered in the Franchise ID field, which is located on Main tab of Agent; Additional Details panel.
- If the Agent’s Franchise ID is omitted, those transactions will be listed with validation errors in the Batch Manager and omitted from batch submission until the Franchise ID has been updated.
- Also note each Agent must be assigned a Branch Office.
- Each Transaction must have a Transaction Group selected on the Main Tab
- Each transaction must be assigned a branch number
Franchise Tab of Transaction once you EXPAND Tabs by click on +
All fields in the Franchise window are specific to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices.
There are separate Add / Edit / Del / Save / Cancel buttons for the Franchise window to allow these fields to be edited even after transactions are closed. First save the transaction then click Edit in the Franchise box to enable editing of the fields.
Franchise Transaction Type is required for Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices batches.
The Franchise Transaction Number field will default with Transaction Number and should never need to be changed; this is the transaction number that will be reported to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices.
The adjustment sequence number is essentially how many times this transaction has been previously transmitted successfully to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. It must be 0 the first time a closed transaction is submitted then incremented by 1. Back Office handles this automatically but there are times when users may need to manually set the value because a previous submission was rejected.
The Exclude from Reporting box is for situations where a transaction should not be sent to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. For example, transactions that existed before the Data Bridge was enabled or special transactions exempt from all Franchise Fees (examples vary depending on Franchise Agreements with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices but could include Agents selling their own properties).
If, “Is In Network Referral “ is checked (i.e. there was a referral from another brokerage under a HSF or Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices subsidiary) then “Is Referral” must also be checked and Referring Brokerage Affiliate ID must have a valid Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Affiliate ID (i.e. 2 character state/province abbreviation + 3 digit affiliate number).
Referral Fees can be excluded from Berkshire Hathaway Franchise Fees. Any transaction(s) with the Referral Fees checkbox selected will result in the brokerage paying less in Franchise Fees for that transaction.
Probably the most common situation that leads to adjustments needing to be sent to Berkshire Hathaway is when a referral was not marked as exempt from Franchise Fees but should have been. The transaction will need to be reversed, initiate the check box on the Referral Fee, re-close, and include in next batch.
Navigate to Utilities > Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Utilities > Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Batch Process
By default all transactions that closed since the last batch or closed transactions that had changes since the last batch are listed and selected however users can selected as needed.
When selected the Validate button, any transactions with validation issues will be displayed on the Validation List tab. The Generate Batch File button will enable if one or more transactions passed validation. Only validated transactions will be included in a batch. Option to choose to generate a batch that excludes the ones that failed validation or close the batch manager at this point, fix the transactions with problems, then return to the Batch Manager.
Users should log into Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices’s portal to confirm the status of batches submitted from the previous day.
If any transactions were declined, make corrections in Commissions and include those in the next batch. If unsure how to proceed please contact our support department.
By default when the Batch Manager loads, closed transactions with changes since the last batch was generated will be listed. You can elect to include opened or cancelled transactions but these are not required to be submitted.
Option to re-generate a previous batch; this option exists mainly to make it easy to re-submit a sale that was previously declined without having to manually change the adjustment sequence number. If a sale was declined, this may require changing field values in the Franchise box on Custom Data tab of the transaction or may require reversing the transaction, fixing, and re-closing. If you are not going to use the re-generate option then you should manually change the adjustment sequence number to one less that its current value but if you decide to use the re-generate option you don’t need to change the value of the adjustment sequence.
Open the Batch Manager: declined transaction(s) will be listed if any edits were made.
Switch to the Re-generate option and select the previous batch (or batch containing declined transactions). De-select any transactions that do not need to be re-submitted and generate a new batch. The same adjustment sequence number will be used in the new batch for any included transactions as was used in the previous batch.
Berkshire Hathaway Reports
- Associate Production report
- Associate Roster report
- Batch Tie-Out report
- Operations Review report
- Productivity Analysis report